Online Master of Science in Information Technology
This STEM-designated, online program allows you the freedom and flexibility to pursue your education when it’s most convenient for you. The online Masters of Science (MS) in Information Technology program can be completed over 20 months by taking two courses per semester year-round. You’ll enter the program with a cohort of students, providing an instant network of support and professional networking.
Cohort model designed to build professional network
- Understand the data communications and telecommunications requirements necessary to support Managed IT and cloud computing services.
- Learn systems development processes.
- Understand programming concepts and e-commerce.
- Build practical knowledge in the rapidly growing field of cybersecurity and cyberinsurance.
- Learn the accounting and managerial aspects of an information technology organization.
- Enhance your written and oral communication skills.
As an MSIT Online student, you will be required to complete 30 units of coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.0. This is a part-time only program; international students with full-time student visa requirements are not eligible to apply. Before starting the program, you must complete the orientation seminar, Boot-up Camp. You’ll also be required to attend the end-of-the-year seminar to assess your progress. You may choose between Management and Data Science as concentration options.There may also be optional on-campus review sessions. Please visit the University Catalog for additional course descriptions and prerequisites.
You will learn collaboratively with a cohort of working professionals. Together, you’ll follow the same year-round schedule taking two courses per semester over 20 months. You’ll have the support of your fellow cohort and establish your Mihaylo network from the very beginning of your educational journey.
Prerequisites and Admission Requirements
- Gmat or GRE exam
- One letter of recommendation
- Professional résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Leadership and creativity statement
- Official transcripts
There are no required prerequisite courses for this program. Work experience in the IT field is recommended.
Admissions Recruitment Ambassador
Application Status and Processing Evaluations Specialist
Curriculum and Career Advising
Department of Information Systems Decision Sciences
Dr. Pramod Pandya, program director, lecturer